Wednesday, February 13, 2013
- 2 shades of nail polish (I used grey and pink!)
1. First paint your base color on your nails like you normally would. I used a subdued grey color as a base, but you could use red or pink if you wanted to really jazz up your finger nails for Valentine's Day!
2. Once your nails are dry, take a piece of tape and fold it in half. Keep in mind you'll have to be able to pull it apart though!
3. Now cut half a heart onto the folded part of your tape. Then open up your tape to find a heart shape cut out! I love this because there is no need for you to go out and buy a scrapbooking "heart hole punch", unless you have one already...
4. Tape that piece of tape over the nail you want to accent. With your accent color (I used pink), paint over the heart. If it gets on the tape no worries! I ended up putting it on my index finger nail on one hand and the ring finger nail on my other hand! Trying to keep things exciting, hehe.
5. Take the tape off and voila! a perfect Heart Accent!
What I've learned:
- Make sure your base color is completely dry! The tape could peel some of it off if you didn't wait long enough.
- When you fold your tape in half, fold it off center so that it'll be easier to pull it apart.
- When you paint the heart, try to use minimal nail polish. if you gob it on, it might smear when you take off the tape.
I am by no means a Nail Guru (a beginner if anything!) and I think this is a great step to trying much more elaborate details. I'm going to keep trying to improve and show you more quick and easy ways to "pretty up" your nails! I really like how my nails turned out and I hope you like this simple techinque too! :)
Happy almost Valentine's Day!