I'm on a journey to try new things (DIY projects, crafts, beauty/hair and maybe cooking?) and wanted to share with you the projects I work on, successes and failures. Hopefully you will be inspired to try it too!
Hey everyone! This is going to be a super quick post that I just started a little while ago! By no means do I have a "green-thumb", so I am attempting to try and do more gardening projects. Ideally I would be able to grow plants that are not only pretty but are edible! I'm starting off very, very slow by growing my own scallions!
- Store bought Scallion
- Cutting board You can add scallions to practically anything!
1. Cut about an inch of the original (store bought) scallion with the roots.
2. Get a small dish with some water and place the scallion root in it.
3. Keep an eye for how thirsty your scallion is and water it accordingly! You can see how much it'll grow in just a few days!
What I've learned:
- I can grow plants!
- Do not keep your scallion in direct sunlight for too long, it will dry out the water and the plant.
I hope you liked this short post. I had a great time eating the "fruits of my labor", especially when it was so easy to grow my own scallion. Still, it was a great feeling! The best part is that I can still grow more from the same root as long as I don't cut too much off. So the next time you have potatoes, with sour cream and a bit of shredded cheese, add some of your home grown scallions!