- Button (with the hole on the back)
- Hair Tie
- Optional: Needle and thread
Make sure your hair tie is thin enough to make it through the button, use your best judgement!
1. Take your hair tie and loop it through the button hole.
2. Once you do that, take the larger end and flip its over so that the smaller loop is tucked over. Pull on that smaller loop to make a knot and yay! You've just embellished your hair tie!
How easy was that?! If you want, you can sew the button to the hair tie in place with a needle and thread. I personally like the option of switching out the button so I'm going to use it as is. Here's what mine looks like:
What I've learned:
- Make sure you pick the right size button and the right size of hair tie, in terms of thickness.
- Choose a button size based on the hair style you're planning on having. For example, a larger button for an up-do will look better than a small button.
This was a fun, easy project with great results! I hope you guys like this DIY and tell you're friends about it!
Let me know how your new hair tie turns out! :)